Monday, March 28, 2011

Champagne Brunch at Ardeo+Bardeo, Sunday March 27, 2011

I know, I've been majorly slacking on updating the blog.

I still have to write up my wonderful experience at Kaito Sushi in San Diego with Chefs Kaz and Jo, and I didn't write anything here about the bacon flights at Eola a couple weeks ago.  I know.

But now I'm going to write about my champagne brunch yesterday at Ardeo+Bardeo in Cleveland Park.


For $25, you get a bottomless mimosa (or champagne, I picked mimosa) and two courses -- sounds like a great deal!

I went with a friend, and we shared our 4 courses.  For the firsts, we got: bitter greens and duck confit salad with blue cheese and cherry vinaigrette, and the crispy brussels sprouts, with chestnut and apple.  Both were very good, though I wished there was a bit more duck confit in the salad.

I wasn't as impressed with the seconds: buttermilk biscuit and sausage gravy with poached eggs, and the breakfast pizza with bacon, sausage, and more eggs on top.  For the biscuit and gravy, there wasn't much sausage gravy, and somehow it wasn't creamy of flavorful enough, and I didn't feel like the eggs added much.

Breakfast pizza was good, but the eggs made it a bit weird for me.  The bacon tasted good, but somehow the combination wasn't working out.  Or perhaps my mimosas were just messing up my tastebuds, as my friend really loved the breakfast pizza.

The scones (put on the table to start the meal) were delicious: buttery, fresh, and delicious, with some chocolate chips in there.

Service was also good, and they had no problem seating me before my friend arrived, which is nice.

As an extra plus, Vace is just two doors down!  I certainly didn't have any room after brunch for Vace's pizza (though you should stop by and get a slice sometime), but did pick up a 6-pack of the San Pellegrino Aranciata orange soda.  I also looked longingly at the fresh sausage in the fridge, but didn't need to buy my own, as I already had plans to have it later on that night!

1 comment:

  1. This is the greatest food blog I have ever come across in the entire vastness of the internet!

    ReplyDelete